Wednesday 7 September 2011

Tuesday, Colour Love: Garnet












Back with my 'organising the blog' phase. Which tells you how organised and sorted I am, referring to this creative upheaval as just a 'phase'. I'm going to try and make this permanent, I promise guys. Scouts honor, an all that. This is just the beginning of possibly a new chapter in the life and it transcends into a wide variety of areas, the blog in particular. Okay, only the blog. I'm still a scruffpot ragdoll man-child and no one knows quite what to do with me, but no matter, eyy? Anyway, on with buisiness.



Garnet, the colour of cherries and of heartbreak, I have decided. (Bit dramatic, haha) But was reading the Vogue supplement thing that came out an issue or two ago, about the new trends, and 's probably not, ahem, trendy to repeat them or anything, but I figured this is one I could go with, pretty doable, as opposed to fur or day-glo or similiar. And as shown above, this is fairly flexible with any hair colour, which, tbh is how I pick out my clothes in a store. Thus explains the 'mild' obsession with purple; the clueless and somewhat blind belief that it goes with le brunette hair.


Just thinking to myself right now, why did this particular colour movement stand out more than the others? Also, pecan pie is not as nice as I first thought.*dissapointments*. Possibly because garnet is such a rich, jewel shade, but having said all that, I just googled the definition and the actual stones, according to crystal-cure garnet comes in dark brown, green, a lighter brown and a weak peach sort of colour. Oh. What was Vogue thinking about then, when all the dark red of the a/w season were christened garnet? Well nevermind, today, it is the colour of cherries and of heartbreak. It's the gemstone of 'successful business', 'constancy in friendships' and the symbol of 'love and compasion'. It also fixes thyroids and spleens, interestingly enough. Might get one, just incase the old spleen needs a-fixin', as you do.


Another reason why this colour has stuck inside my head, more than any other usefull information, is because it's one of those trends, perhaps cause of how flexible it is, that has filtered down to the highstreet. Can't stoll into a River Island or a Topshop these days without seeing the little garnet, mustard and petrol blue sections over there. And corduroy trousers, almost. A bit Marcus Brigstocke, which could always be fun.


My contribution to this little look would be the 'frilled chiffon tea dress' up there, which I sort of accidentally bought cause I was having a bit of a wrestle with the undergarment, the slippery, cheeky thing. Let me side track a bit: I was thinking about this post a while ago, jotting down ideas and I've found that these posts slip into my subconcious and I end up purchasing what I'm posting about, which shouldn't be all that surprising really, but it is for le bank account. One day I'll post my love for a Burberry plum-coloured trenchcoat and I'll wonder later where the £400 got to. Sneaky...

& The photo up top is myself sitting with my pal JohnJohn at a party, 's a sweet shot. Apologies it's not a proper, camera infront of mirror one, but heyho, you know I own it now. & I was sort of matchy with John, so it was nice.


Would've preferred it as an oversize knit, like the 3rd pic but must stop collecting these oversized knits. It's barely ever weather-fine. But it's Autumn now, so I like to think I blend with the leaves here. *you saw nothing*


Quote of the Post: 'and you don't know what to do with your recently orphaned august daydreams.. and you set them on fire until all the trees are smouldering red and orange and yellow' -Here Is The Truth About September, Unknown.


Images Via: Style compare (originally, New Look), airanooukyuu, thus far west, HIMYS.


:) Emmy xo

(Last post as a 19 year old! Will be 20 in about seven minutes..)

No comments:

Post a Comment