Thursday 15 September 2011

Wednesday, Misc: Split-Screen













Not much to say today. Well I say that, but that's never true and you'll end up with a six thousand word essay to read cause I can't stop spouting this intolerable drivel. But no matter, this whole thing may just be a couple more lines long. Though you never know, I might surprise myself and say a whole alot more. Oh shut up.



Split screen is my fave today, and I am 20. Which is odd. The 20 thing, not the split screen thing. Which is sort of an odd thing to have as a fave, but we've never been quite straight forward on here so, hey ho, there you go.






Split-screen is excellent because you can watch two things at the same time, watch two different sides to a story. Effective narrative, etc etc. Which works in all of these examples, the 500 Days of Summer sequence, which was expectations against reality. The Bad Day music video by Daniel Powter and the 'Split Screen, A Love Story' vid shows the side by side views of two people. (You have to watch the love story video, 's absoloutley beaut). And the clever film 'Conversations With Other Women' is also worth a watch, but it takes several minutes to get your head round what's happening and what to focus on.

Anyway, I should run off to, cause now I am twenty and in search of something to show for the past double-decade years. Untill next time,


Quote of the Post: 'Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you anywhere' -Albert Einstein.






:) Emmy xo

No comments:

Post a Comment