Monday 24 October 2011

Monday, Shopping list: Uni













>Shopping list today. Okay, maybe not actual shopping, more imaginary. Like on The Simpsons, where Ned goes to Rod & Tod, 'fantasy christmas' and they pretend to have pogo sticks and shizz. Which is what I need, a pogo stick and a make believe shopping blowout. Confession, man 's difficult having a uni so close to the centre of everything expensive. And theres those awkward hour breaks between lectures. What to do in them, but browse? But I was good today and went to the local library so it felt like I got new things without actually parting with the paper notes. Tho I take out my £50 for the week so I know how much I've got, but then if a fiver goes on the phone and you've done a seperate internet shop, then 's tricky and not £50, rather millions and millions of food purchases, which don't last two minutes, and then it's in your purse and therefore terribly accessible. Bahh at everything money related. Thinking things would be a massive amount easier if we all just traded cattle and pigeons in wicker baskets, like in the good old days of yore. But I'd just end up with a wicked pigeon with a pegleg and we'd stroll the paths of life screwing it all and picking at red berries, it'd be beaut.



But no matter man, just looking, perusing at pretty things, suits me perfectly well. And this way, I can save for the more important purchases and appreciate them better. Okay cheez. fest. yawn a-go-go etcetc. But Imma gonna stick to this if I intend to live on shizzle other than rice and Primark unethical flimzy.


So what are we saving for? Bike for one. I live ahem, 10/15 mins max from uni and everything else, which is pretty lovely, but having a bike with a wicker basket would be dainty sound of music-esque, hand fractured curtain slips. Anyone have a spare grand? P'raps not. Walking should suit me fine.


And a cute little study sweater, complete with nerd-chic glasses. (Nerd-linguistic-chic moment, Dr Seuss invented the word 'nerd' !) A cheap alternative to the study sweater: wear clipboard or post-it-note with 'available for study dates'. However, may get kudos for flash advertising, but fairly few offers.. but y'never know.


The bag needs no explanation, it makes me giggle, so it's on le wish list. & the swimming costume, cause I live 10 mins and not 45 mins away, I'm now shaped like a small beach whale. Hoping costume +swim pass purchase will help in not eating all the pies. om nom NOM.


The ball gown..ahm. There are always balls on at the end of the year. Granted, 's about however many months away, but it might have come off the website by then, and I can't save fast enough for such an item. Could get it now. And wear it to ghastly 9am 2hour lectures as a cheer up quick fix. OoOo. Liking this plan lots and lots.


But have had a little wine. Not too much, mind, but enough to think buying a ballgown in the middle of ball-free winter is a top notch idea. So shall stop now and return to research on Chinese Mandarin Dipthongs.


Quote of the post: 'Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm'- Winston Churchill



:) Emmy xo

No comments:

Post a Comment