Wednesday 20 January 2010

I Feel Love Like A Coconut Plant.


Whip drip, a circle sweet.
I'll take you slowly and smile some more.

Neckerchief. Cheep cheep, forget
to sleep and fret. Quack. Oh that'll do.
Hauntings like polka dots and pom poms.

A swishy skirt. I miss your calm like gentle deer.
I could trace the antlers like a galaxy. Finger tap and stroke and click.
Twinkle lights. And a drumming and dental noise.

Minty, pretty neckline cut outs.
A proposal marked in crayon, eccentrically blessed.
Glossy, nipped in smile. Like buds when you let them depend. Contemplate. That spaghetti and ligaments and shivery quivers make.
Silly, brittle things refresh, reinvent like a princess crown.

and dolly heels. Glitter and satin and somewhat sharp.
There's a pain in my left arm. That's crawled out my heart.
It got so lonely in there.
Weightless like pages. Hollow dancing for dust bunnies.
A shell that emptied pain. Wellington boots that clomp.

To cane, to anchor and simply swap
your glow for my shadow. A good deal, a shine under the eyes.
Like cheddar and pilchard I
come with one word and two syllables.
Goodnight.

Forget to dream of coconut endings and a hairy hairy shell.
But the milk; you think it's worth it.
Of a bang and a shlomp and a bite of an inside.
Ravonous, plastic forks and play pretend.
To fall in love, it's lovely, I'm hungry.
It all starts with a bonk to the head.

No comments:

Post a Comment