Saturday 22 May 2010

Rain Against The Windows And The Strong Coffee Warming Up My Fingers









HAH! Ignore the title, it's full of lies as to what this blogpost will entail. Has anyone looked outside their window? What the hell is up with this heat? And in exam time! The weather fairies are trying to kill me.. I had a German exam yesterday, and was put right next to the window! Fair dos, there were shut blinds.. but still. D: I am truly surprised I haven't melted yet. Like a true Britannian, (sp?) I doubt I can cope with anything above minus three degrees or something. God help me if I'd been learning Spanish instead! I'd go there for holidays and just request repeatedly to sit in the fridge or something. At least it's cooler in Germany. I hope it is anyway, no one burst my bubble and tell me otherwise, thank-you very much.
Anyway, should stop complaining, it's lovely weather and it could be worse. I wouldn't have the excuse to go out and buy cute yellow pumps.. (Are they pumps? Emily off of Cupcakes and Cashmere- picture two- says she's wearing Alexander McQueen pumps, and although they are clearly awesome, are they pumps or are they heels? 'Cause I always associate pumps with those classroom affairs you wore when you were 5 or something. I wear them all the time now, though. I voted a couple of weeks ago, like a proper grown-up and I still wear classroom pumps.. Perhaps it's an American thing that they sometimes call heels pumps? Huh, something to think about) I think I'm off shopping later, (I say, I think, this melty weather is making me weak so I might not bother) because it's my Newcastle Uni Roomate's (fingers crossed) 18th party, so I feel the need to purchase an appropriate outfit. Perhaps yellow pumps included. I'm still not totally confident about the whole 'walking in heels' thing, though definetly better than this time last year. I've got my prom (eee!) this week, and have super super highheels to wear, so must get practice in. Keep having visions of self tripping over on the dancefloor while bustin' ma moves.. not looking as cool and coiffed as I should be, ahem.
In short, many reasons to purchase yellow pumps that won't go with much else in my fairly outdate wintery wardrobe:
1. To out-yellow the sun. It's war, missy!
2. Cheer self up through exam time, thus, eminating joy and bringing peace to mankind.
3. They go with bare legs in pic two for warmer weathers, and with opaque tights, ala pic three for wintery occasions
4. To practise walking in heels so don't make a fools of self on important debutante like night.
5. Becuase they're shiny, and you can never own too many shiny things. Obv.
6. Walking in heels makes legs thinner. It's been scientifically proven. Somewhere.
Did you know 99% of facts are made up on the spot?
7. Thinner legs= more confidence. Plus, they're yellow. Which means heaps more confidence and cheeriness.
Well, that's me sold. I hope you guys are too. Hey, if there's a mysterious sales leap in the selling of yellow pumps, they shouldn't give all the credit to the melty melty sun, but to moi. Just so you know.
I should be off now, I'm blogging right next to my window, ohne blinds. And I need another refreshing shower, stat, before I go out glorously purchasing.
Pictures from: save the horrible
Quote of The Post: 'Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing.' Ben Franklin
:) Emmy xo

No comments:

Post a Comment