Sunday 3 April 2011

Art, Music and Golden Syrup



So The Mysteries of Udolpho went out the window... sort of. I went to Waterstones today and got this, cause it's been on my 'to read' list for a million years and I couldn't find it in Newcastle and it was in my hometown bookshops.. .mmm. bad times. I'm sure it's beautiful, I've read about a page and it seems quite nice.

But that's not what I wanted to talk about today: I was looking through Dirty Pretty Thing's tumblr, and saw this 'Backstage' painting by Michael Carson. It made me smile, with the dusty colours, white heels, cute little dresses and cropped hairstyles. I wonder what backstage is for? I'm presuming a fashion show, but I'm hoping a dance show. Freestyle, all crazy and lovely. Carson 'primarily a figurative Artist who likes to tell a story'

'emphasize relationships of color and light and allow the texture of his brush stroke to move the viewer’s eye through the art'

I don't know much about art, but the relationships of colour and texture thing sounds pretty cool. If I had a million pounds I would totally get it. I reccommend you look at his other work, 'Yellow Stripes' and 'Blue Square and Flowers' which are also rather sweet.

mmm. On another level, I don't know what's realy wrong with me, I'm trying to be smiley, but there's something I'm not sure about. Rah. Anyway, pretty paintings, new books and elbow lyrics are going to change all that, I am certain of it. And porridge with golden syrup for breakfast tomorrow, nom. Had a silly dance with some friends I hadn't seen for a while today, which was cool.

The world isn't very grey at all. It's much better with art and music and golden syrup. Apologies, readers will be much better tomorrow. Will watch Silk on iPlayer, and finish peanut m&m's. nom nom.

Quote of the Post: 'We got open arms for broken hearts/Like yours my boy/ come home again/Everyone's here'- Elbow, Open Arms


:) Emmy xo

No comments:

Post a Comment