Wednesday 6 April 2011

Being Confused Counts As Being Productive




Having a themed productive/not so productive day. It depends how you look at it. Not so productive cause I haven't started revising, apart from a quick do -over of the genetive case in German yesterday, but I'm pretty sure I've forgotten it all by now. Productive.. cause I'm sat watching old episodes of Stylista and being confused. Being confused, in this instance, is totally productive. Yesterday, I was all 'yey, I'll go work on a magazine, I can do that' but then today has been just ..'ah an office with supposedly horrible people, no thanks, I'll just crawl off inside myself and live for one hundered years.' But I dunno, I think this is going to be one of those days where it's like 'when I grow up I want to be a magazine editor' and tomorrow it'll be 'when I grow up I want to be an art therapist'.. I've been googling potential circuses that I could join, but I don't think I can even walk on two feet on a level floor, in a straight line, let alone attempt it on a piece of string, several meters high.

I think in the end, I'm going to live under somebody's stairs, where I can't like, make any mistakes or turn around and accidentally hit someone in the face or whatever.

I digress. My productive day: watching Stylista on youtube, watching The Devil Wears Prada, reading The Devil Wears Prada (after finishing The History of Love), and flicking through magazines. And then deciding that I want work experience at a magazine, but then realising there are no fashion magazine places in Wakefield, perhaps not even West Yorkshire. And then I'll go back to the metaphorical drawing board of careers I have in my head and eating an easter egg. Sure, it's not yet easter, but I shall live on the wild side today. (Boy, I need to calm it down. . )

I can't cope in the holidays. I think I need structure and timetables, because left to my own devices I just read half of books, watch rereuns on youtube and stress about not having a job. I should totally get a job. But as a human being, I am quite sure I am unemployable and relatively out of the conventional box.

More easter egg, me thinks.


Quote of The Post: 'You sold you soul the day you put on that first pair of Jimmy Choo's'- Emily, The Devil Wears Prada.


:) Emmy xo

No comments:

Post a Comment