Sunday 13 September 2009

All Growed Up.

















Ahh ! My last post as a 17 year old! Tomorrow (or in about half an hour to be painfully exact) I shall be an Adult. I've not yet decided wheather that's a good thing or not. Meh.


Bad Things:

No Disney movies.. (wasn't much interested in them anyways..)



No more girly things like ballet and the colour pink.


More tired phrases will be used, like 'You're too old for ___' 'You're not a child anymore', 'You'd better start using wrinkle cream..' etc. (Okay, I haven't heard any of these used yet, but it's something to look out for. Wooh.

More Politics and the news and similiar things. And not Mock The Week style Politics either. If I told you I had a *tiny* crush on David Cameron, would you judge me? He seems like a nice bloke, is all. And if Hugh Grant was the Prime Minister, I'd totally vote :)


The Option To Smoke. I daren't take this up, for fear I might get hooked or something. I already don't eat any vegetables and such things, so If I take this up, my body will fail on purpose just to spite me. But in the pic, it looks so pretty, doesn't it?


Reading the classics. Okay, this isn't so bad, being a big fan of Pride and Prej and telly period dramas myself, but still, sometimes they're so difficult to understand, non?


The option to drink. Same as smoking tbh, as my liver will be in serious trouble. Will these things you're never too sure how hard you'll fall; how much self control you have. Think I'm slipping already tbh, had some Strongbow the other day (whatta rebel ;) ) and found it quite nice/. Didn't get drunk or anything.


This whole 'loosing your youth and good looks' idea. I'm running out of the former, and have very little on the latter, so If it's meant to be at it's peak at this point, then.. oh. Also the 'best time of your life' point is about this ripe young age, and that's dissapearing too. I've already taken up knitting. (More on this later)


But I'll go get some sleep now. It's currently 01:02 in the morning, and so I'm ignoring the fact that this is all gonna come true right now. Oh, I never 'typed', did I?:


The Good Things About Turning 18?

All of the above. Well most of it. Look how lovely it is. Why was I even complaining in the first place? It's gonna be quite an adventure , huh? Bring it on.
Pictures from: You are my fave, We heart it & Bully's comics.

Quote Of The Post: 'We are all in the gutter. But some of us are looking at the stars.' -Oscar Wilde


:) Emmy xo

No comments:

Post a Comment