Saturday 26 September 2009

Some Red N Blue Lovin'






















Did I ever tell you that I don't have a permanent favourite colour? For some strange reason, it changes every other day; I guess I go through phases. Does that make me a fickle person? Oh.


Anyway, the other day it was yellow and today it's red and blue. Taking current inspiration from the above images:
Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz: Aren't these shoes awesome? I have a pair of pink, glittery high heeled shoes that I got from the charity shop for about £3 last year. I think they're proper dancing shoes and a size too big, but they so remind me of dorothy's. I can't realy walk in heels, so I just potter about the house in them:) I might get some flat versions of Dorothy's. I hear they do some great ones in Topshop.. The other think I'm loving about this image is that the shoes seem to go realy well together with blue cotton socks, how cute it that? Haven't realy worn cotton socks with the ankles pulled down since Primary School, so it's a surprise to see them with a new 'cool factor', but at the same time, still in keeping with it's childish innocence.. ahh sweeet.
The Satorilist Image: Okay, the shoes are more coral than anything, but still, bright red laced shoes and a bright blue dress is lovely. I want to see an image of her on the blue bike aswell, that must be an awesome sight altogether.. Who colour co-ordinates their bicycles with their outfits? Fashion at it's best, I think. :)
Sleeping Beauty: I found this picture by accident, a Disney reference didn't exactly spring to mind when searching for high end red and blue dress'. But you can get your inspiration from anywhere, can't you? I like that. I guess most of the fashion graduates these days are referring to childhood images for their new collections. Expect to see Pocohontas esque yellow dress' and Mulan inspired armour wear. Nice:).
I also like this image because it sort of reminds me of old, simpler Disney movies before D.V.D and high definition colour came out for the new gerneration. Back in my day.. (God, I feel so old!).. the colours weren't fabulous, but the less than perfect look gives it a more fairytale feel doesn't it? Might dust off the V.H.S tapes and have a nostalgic wild night in. Rock and Rolll.!
Kirsten Dunst in Harpers Bazzar: Kirsten is such a sweet actress, but I prefer her with a younger look. Harpers were trying to give her a more grown up image: classic shapes, fine lines and the like. She looks lovely, as always, but I miss Eternal Sunshine, Elizabethtown and early Spiderman Kirsten. Its a shame people have to grow up, eh?
Anywho, the image reminded me of the dress below it, I knew I'd seen that oufit before..
Blair Waldorf, Gossip Girl: I love this scene where Serena & Blair where epic dress' and take lots of photos in N.Y.C. Makes me wanna grab a mate of mine, a yellow cab and splash about abit in the fountain. Anyone of you loyal readers up for it? Be a bit difficult for find a yellow cab in little old Agbrigg though..maybe a Wakefield Arriva bus? Or not.. But the look is so lovely, I might buy myself a skinny belt and a blue dress. Or a red on maybe? Ahh choices choices.. I'm leaving the youtube video so you guys can pick for me:)




C'est Moi Avec Red Sunnies: This is an old pic, from last years results day. I was quite fond of my glasses at the time (Topshop, £10) so I fancied taking a snap. I'm not going to put up any more pics of me though, I just look like a loon.
Anywho, that was my take on the red and blue look, hope you lovely people got some inspiration from it and I'll see you soon!
Quote Of The Post: Quiero hacer contigo lo que la primavera hace con los cerezos.’-Pablo Neruda- ( Translates: I want to do with you what spring does to the cherry trees)
:) Emmy xo







No comments:

Post a Comment