Wednesday 16 September 2009

Knit One Wear One..































I love knitwear¬!

Not knitwear as in Harry Potter's embarrassing christmas jumper knitwear, but knitwear as in, that fairly snug, loose, sexy stuff that's ripped and stretched and as scruffy as hell; the knitwear I realy wanna wear ! But wouldn't realy be able to wear unless I suddenly became super skinny and totally okay ..(how many times did I just type 'knitwear' into that last paragraph?) ..with being all fitted.. all over. (If that made any sense at all to you good people).


I think my moderate fondness(though some might say definite obsession) started last year when I had to look at Clare Tough for textiles. She's cool isn't she? I was also a big fan of Rodarte at the time, still am. I took the Rodarte tights image as sample inspiration and reproduced my take on it in different ways. Scruffy felting, messy weaving and such things.


I love that knitwear has become more modern and sexy because of it's new shape and lighter volume(is that the right word?) It's also totally adaptable to your body, but as I typed earlier, it probably only looks good on the models, like everything does, which is such a shame *sadface*.

But now more fresh new designers are working with it, check out this interview with Matt Bovan from the Sea Of Shoes site. Currently scouring the web for more atm, but I'm confident one will turn up soon. In the mean time, I've started knitting, a friend of mine has been teaching me. He's practically pro at it, does scarves and everything. And totally despairs at me when my scruffy, careless ways take over and there a socking great holes in the piece that I'm working on, then he wants me to unravel it, so I can do a neater, tidier version the next time, but I never do, cause it takes sodding *ages* to do it all. Next time I shall tell him that Rodarte, Matt and Clare all do it fairly misshapen and everybody else is following suit. Finally, being scruffy and ridiciulous actually pays off!

And now the whole knitwear in the catwalk thing has filtered down into Topshop, to make it more accessible for us students, regular people and the like. Might get my claws into an oversized jumper like Zooey Deschanel does into the last pic. Like knitwear, I also love Zooey Deschanel. So Zooey Deschanel and knitwear jumpers and coke cans all in one black and white pic totally rock my socks :)


Pics from We heart it, Sea of Shoes, The Telegraph and Topshop. Also check out more of Clare Tough's work.
Quote Of The Post: 'Tom: What happens when you fall in love?
Summer: You believe in that?
Tom: It's love, it's not Santa Claus.' -500 Days Of Summer.
:) Emmy xo

No comments:

Post a Comment