Wednesday 9 September 2009

Eins, Zwei, Drei, Vier!



The image I thought which best summed up ones current thoughtful state. Found here somewhere.
Had an awkward day today. The morning was nice, the afternoon was 'meh' and the evening was better. But more about that soon. Incase you didn't know I'm 18 next Monday (an actual adult.. woaw). But, due to the unexpected turn out of the day, it got me thinking about what life lessons I've required so far and what, if anything, has actually sunk in in the past 17 and a half years...

Here are Four things I've Learnt:
1. If you plan for something to happen, it never works. It will never go how you expect. (See Quote Of The Post later)
2. If you stare at your Facebook, Twitter, Phone etc, it won't flood with messages. It's actually true when they say 'a watched pot never boils'. Which brings me somewhat swiftly on to:

3. Things happen when you least expect them.

4. Whenever you feel great unhappiness, there is also equal happiness later. And vice-versa.
The last two definetly apply to me today. I was feeling totally suck-ish about being 18 and the workload and uni and everyone leaving and loosing things and...But I went home and it was all equally okay again because:

-I'm getting my English paper re-marked (It could go from a C to a B, here's to hopin')

-It turns out I can go to the St. Mary's uni open day. London here I come!
-My 'Poetry By Moonlight' anthology came in the mail today. I'm on page 99 and am now an official published poet/ writer. (Aren't I cool.. and such a show off D: )

So that was today. Found another quiz to do with four things, (hence the title '1,2,3,4!') which seems quite apt, so I'll do that now:

Four things I Did today:
l. Bought Herbal Essences shampoo, washed my hair and now I smell like melons.
2. Became a published poet ..ahhh:)
3. Put £60 in the bank, then spent £3 of it on shampoo's and such things.
4. Improvised my way through a German presentation for 3 minutes, but stopped 20 secs before. Teacher said it was 'cracking' (I assume that's a good thing), but I was talking too fast. (As per usuall then.)
Four things on my to do list

1.Go a mile on the hippety-hop. Like what Phoebe did on 'Friends' for her 30th? I'm gonna do that on Sunday maybe.

2. Find that letter. Infact, find all lost things.
3. Buy German post-communism films on Amazon. For Media C/W this time, I'm analysing the representation or something..
4. Actually plan a party! There's been talk about Mediterranean food and finger sandwhiches..not the BYOB bash my friends were expecting then..
Four Guilty Pleasures:
1. Shower gel, nice smelling toileteries in general. Especially the packaging... will post more on this at a later date.

2. Fashion Magazines. I get at least one a week, possibly about about £2-£3 a pop. I have huge piles of them and it's getting to be an obsession..
3. The Sound of Music and the odd Disney song on my shuffle. From the former, current favourites are Edelweiss and The Hills are Alive. I also like playing them on piano. From the latter, God Help The Outcasts, from Hunchback of Notre Dame, Colours Of The Wind and another one from Pocahontas and anything from Mulan.

4. Fashion blogs, blogs in general. Yeah, that's not bad, but it is when you get so hooked you read all the previous posts till the beginning. There are some great ones out there, I'll give you a list some other time.
Four Random Facts About Me:
1. I'm globophobic. Also fish freak me out, and for a whole morning I had a fear of flowers due to a dream I had the previous night.
2. Clarinet to Grade 2. Dropped it in year 10, but I realy miss it now.
3. Karate to yellow belt. Yeah, I'll kick yo' ass.
4. Horseriding to Canter. I did it at about 13 or something & quit because I was too scared.

(Woaw, what a lame C.V that turned into.)

Quote Of The Post:
'The best laid schemes o' Mice an' Men,
Gang aft agley,
An' lea'e us nought but grief an' pain,
For promis'd joy!
(The best laid schemes of Mice and Men
oft go awry,
And leave us nothing but grief and pain,
For promised joy!)' -Robert Burns.
:) Emmy xo


No comments:

Post a Comment